Tuesday, 22 December 2009

Panic


Panic attacks have been occuring a lot more lately.

I've been off work for the past 4 months because of them. I'm having counselling to figure out exactly what's going on, but I don't exactly feel confident about any treatments they could give.

Ya know, and yes I AM aware of how melodramatic this sounds, but some days I feel so rough, I almost feel as though I wont live long. They get so intense, I'm often terrified that my body's just gonna pack up someday. I can't explain it any other way. I daren't say this stuff to family and friends, and my counsellor has assured me that panic attacks can't kill ya, but I can't help the feelings I get from them.

I wanna be able to watch a scary film without having to fight for breath. I wanna be able to run without fearing that it's gonna trigger a panic attack.

Anyways, sorry for the downer of an entry. Just had to get it out there cos I really feel like I'm alone and nobody knows what the hell I'm feeling or going through. AGGHHH!!

5 comments:

LYN said...

YOU ARE NOT ALONE..I MAY BE THOUSANDS OF MILES AWAY BUT I AM HERE FOR YOU..AND I KNOW FIRST HAND THAT WHAT YOU ARE FEELING IS ALL SO VERY REAL AND IT CAN BE DEVASTATING..

LOVE YA AND MERRY CHRISTMAS!! XX

D said...

hey you... mail.. read mail :)
love you!
karen

PS you do remember that right?

ADB said...

Very sorry to hear the panic attacks are coming back, Stevie. Hope you're having a great Crimbo this year at any rate. All the best for 2010!

Guido

beachmom15 said...

Hey Stevie!! I just sent you a e-mail. Don't worry, you're not alone!

Lisa (lisita15)
http://beachmom15.blogspot.com/

Connie said...

God-I do hope you get over this. Can't imagine how hard it is. I have small panic attacks when I start to drive somewhere further than our town. I got terribly lost one time and I just pulled over and cried and cried and wanted to just be home without having to figure out how to get there.
((((((((I CARE))))))))))

There was an error in this gadget