Tuesday 19 June 2007

Trouble at till!

Howdy ho everyone!
 
Hope you're all well.
 
Thought it was about time that I added something in this seemingly troubled journal of mine.
 
Things have been a little hectic of late!
 
My job's still going good. Ok, it's only Tesco's but it's a job and money at end of the day. I forgot about how fun and strange it can be getting to know work colleagues...lol! I've made a good circle of friends there already, which is a good thing! There's one gay guy who wont leave me alone (in a sweet way) and people keep trying to hook us up together, which is really annoying me. They don't seem to understand the words 'I'm IN a relationship!'. I think some people don't see gay relationships as a REAL relationship sometimes. I blame that on these kinda gay guys who maintain 'Open' relationships and stuff, which seem to be the only kinda gay relationships we hear about in society. But, you all already know that I think the gay scene is too sex orientated anyways, so nuff said!
 
Also, WHY oh WHY does all the trouble seem to come to my till?!  Yesterday, I was working an extra shift on a day that I've never worked before. Yes, I discovered that Sunday's are REALLY busy. Anyways, there I was, beeping away at my till, not even looking properly at what items I was scanning through, when all of a sudden, I feel this warm and gooey stuff on my hand (no comment). I looked in horror to see that a bottle of washing up liquid had exploded all over my grocery belt, soaking and sliming up ALL of the groceries on it. DISASTER! Everything was covered, even me, so I quickly beeped for a cleaner (as they don't provide me with a roll to wipe up any mess for some reason). One minute went by, then another, and another, and I could tell that the customer was getting sick of waiting, so I buzzed again and again. Finally, someone comes over and hands me ONE GOD DAMN PIECE of roll to wipe up a full bottle's worth of crap on my belt. I wasn't pleased, and neither was the customer, but it all got sorted out eventually. Then, later on, a couple and their kids had done a HUGE shop! I seemed to be scanning their things through for hours. We gets all the way to them packing their shopping bags and me telling them how much it comes to in total, when disaster strikes! 'Oh no, i've lost my money off vouchers!', she yells! You can imagine me sat there, kids screaming, people getting aggrivated in the queue. I was just thinking like 'You're frickin kiddin me!!' I had a long queue and here I was waiting for someone to find some bloody coupons. No kidding, they searched for about ten minutes, but then the guy who was next in line started YELLING at those in front. 'HURRY UP!! You should've found your fu***ng coupons before you cashed out!!'. I agreed with him in my head, but still, there I was right in the middle...lol!! I apologised to both parties and tried to pretend that everything was ok...lol!
 
So yeah, job's going well so far, but I'm STILL not giving up on the stuff that I WANT to do. I wont say too much 'cos I'm tired of talking about it, but I'm going to be taking serious vocal lessons soon. I'm so excited, I can't wait!!
 
On a 'close to home' subject, the 'Gatecrasher' nightclub in town burned down today. I've never been there, but lemme tell ya, I'm not sad to see it go. Of course, I wouldn't have wanted it to burn down and thankfully nobody was hurt, but still...I wont be shedding any tears! It's well known as a breeding ground for drugs, violence and stuff like that, so Bye Bye Gatecrasher!!
 
 
 
 
Gatecrasher, back in it's hey day
 
 

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

 

Today

 

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

 

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

 

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

 

Anyways, catch you all soon!

x

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steve, that was some fire. Wonder how many matches they used? Do you know?
I was a cashier for three years when i was in college 55 years ago and still recall incidents like you had.
Good luck with the lessons, Bill

Anonymous said...

Thanks Bill.

Umm, I used 4 matches...lol, just kidding. I have no idea. The police don't know if it's arson or not, but it sure seems that way. Thanks for your comment!

x

Anonymous said...

Being a cashier is sooo fun.  Been there, done that!  But it has it's good points too.  Like you said money at the end of the day.  Glad you are well.
Traci

Anonymous said...

Heeyyyyyy getting out and getting paid....... bonus, right?  You'll get the things you want, I know it babes!
love ya
xxxxx

Anonymous said...

i have done cashier work. It's ok, but I found something better eventually. We got alot of places here in Philadelphia they need to be burned down. Good news on the voice lessons, although I think your voice is perfect just the way it is. ((((((((((((hugs))))))
Love ya,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Retail!!!!! I deal with that everyday of my life!!!! I know how you feel. Tawnya

Anonymous said...

Good pics, hang in there..lol..retail is a pain in the butt!

Anonymous said...

I would imagine you to be good at your job ,and nice with people ,so sorry about the washing up liquid how awful for you ..keep smiling Steve ...love Jan xx